Trainers, get ready to dive into some mud for the next Pokémon GO Community Day event featuring the Water/Ground-type Wooper and its new Paldean form! On Sunday, November 5th from 2-5PM local time, Wooper and Paldean Wooper will be flooding the streets. Read on for all the details you’ll need to make the most of this slippery event.
What is Wooper Community Day?
Community Day is a monthly Pokémon GO event highlighting a specific Pokémon with special spawns, bonuses, and exclusive moves. November’s stars are the dopey blue mudfish Wooper and its chilly purple counterpart, the debuting Paldean Wooper.
During the 3-hour event hours, both forms of Wooper will spawn abundantly in the wild and can be caught as Shiny variants. Evolving Quagsire (from normal Wooper) or Clodsire (from Paldean Wooper) during the event will teach them the exclusive Community Day Charged moves Aqua Tail and Megahorn respectively.
This muddy festival also brings bonuses like 3x catch Stardust, 3-hour incense/lures, increased chance of XL Candy, and more. Special themed Field Research, Timed Research, raid battles, and shop bundles will round out the waterlogged festivities.
When is Wooper Community Day?
Wooper Community Day takes place on Sunday, November 5th from 2-5PM in your local time zone. Don’t get caught napping in the mud – mark those calendars so you don’t miss out!
While the spawns and raids will only run from 2-5PM, some bonuses like increased trades and hatch distance will last from 2PM to 10PM.
Wooper and Paldean Wooper Coming to Pokémon GO
Two slimy sluggers will headline this Community Day:
The dopey blue mudfish Pokémon from Johto, Wooper is a Water/Ground dual type. It evolves into Quagsire starting at Level 20.
Wooper is weak to Grass but resistant to Fire, Poison, Rock, and Steel type attacks. Look for it splashing around near rivers, lakes, and wetlands.
A regional variant of Wooper native to Paldea, these purple tadpoles prefer frigid waters. Paldean Wooper is a Poison/Ground type and evolves into Clodsire.
Vulnerable to Psychic and Water moves, Paldean Wooper can stand up to Fairy, Fighting, Poison, Bug, and Rock damage. This will mark its debut in Pokémon GO!
Both Wooper and Paldean Wooper can be encountered in Shiny form. Evolving during the event is the only way to get Aqua Tail Quagsire and Megahorn Clodsire.
Community Day Bonuses and Features
Many bonuses and features will be active during Wooper Community Day to help you catch ’em all!
- 3x Catch XP
- 3x Catch Stardust
- 2x chance for XL Candy from catches for Trainers Level 31+
- Half Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed in Incubators during event
- 3-hour Incense and Lure Modules
- 1 extra Special Trade per day
- Trades require 50% less Stardust
- Increased Wooper and Paldean Wooper spawns in the wild
- Chance of encountering Shiny Wooper/Paldean Wooper
- Exclusive moves Aqua Tail (Quagsire) and Megahorn (Clodsire) when evolving during event
- Themed Field Research tasks rewarding Wooper encounters
- Timed Research with Wooper-inspired activities
- 4-star Wooper and Paldean Wooper raids after the event
- Community Day bundles in the shop
With boosted catch rewards and decreased hatching distance, this is a perfect time to stock up on Wooper Candy and XL Candy. Incense and Lures will be key to maximizing spawns. Trades costing less Stardust can help with lucky trades.
Exclusive Event Moves: Aqua Tail and Megahorn
Evolving Wooper or Paldean Wooper during the event or up to 2 hours after will teach their evolved forms exclusive event moves!
Quagsire learns the Water-type Charged Attack Aqua Tail, giving it a spammy move that charges quickly.
Clodsire picks up the Bug-type Charged Move Megahorn. This provides handy coverage against Psychic and Dark types that threaten it.
Remember, you must evolve during the event window to get these Legacy moves! They won’t be obtainable after November 5th.
Special Raids, Research, and Shop Bundles
Alongside increased spawns and bonuses, Wooper Community Day will feature themed raids, research, and shop offerings.
Right after the event from 5-10PM local time, Wooper and Paldean Wooper will appear in unique 4-star raids! Beating one will trigger increased Wooper spawns around that Gym for 30 minutes.
Special Research telling a Wooper-centric story can be purchased for $1.
Timed Research with Wooper-themed tasks will also be available for free during the event. Complete them for rewards!
Field Research from PokéStops will give out Wooper encounters. Be sure to spin for lots of tasks.
Two dedicated Community Day bundles will appear in the in-game shop with Incubators, Lucky Eggs, Lures, and more. The Ultra Bundle with Elite Charged TM is available on the web store.
Tips and Strategies
Here are some tips to prep for a successful Wooper Community Day:
- Stock up on Poké Balls and bag space – Catching tons of Wooper will eat through your supply. Clear out unneeded items beforehand.
- Mega Evolve a Ground type – Mega Steelix, Swampert, or Groudon will boost Candy from catches.
- Complete Field Research tasks – Spin PokéStops for event-themed tasks rewarding Wooper encounters.
- Use Incense/Lure Modules during the event – Don’t activate them early! Wait until the event starts so they last the full 3 hours.
- Coordinate Lucky Trades – Take advantage of reduced trade costs to reroll for Luckies.
- Check your schedule – Ensure you’re free during the event hours to play. It’s only a 3 hour window!
- Have fun and stay safe – Buddy up, chat with fellow Trainers, and look both ways when catching!
Make a Splash at Wooper Community Day!
Slippery Wooper and its chilly pal are oozing their way to Pokémon GO for a damp and wild time! Don’t let this Community Day pass you by. With tons of catches, new shinies, exclusive moves, and bonuses, it’s sure to be a fun mud-filled event.
Grab your raingear, stock up on supplies, and get ready to make waves at Wooper Community Day on November 5th!